The ineffectiveness of Nigerian leaders indicates a lack of accountability to their constituents. Nigerians are no longer relevant to their leaders, thus, leaders do not feel responsible to them.
The recent failure to conduct a free and fair electoral process was yet another illustration that the needs of the many are secondary to the wants of the important few.
From this day, all Nigerians are responsible for the future of this great & powerful country. Consequently, all Nigerians must commit themselves to the following:
- We must demand that elected officials be held accountable for their actions and in-actions.
- We must expect democratic principles to be honoured, respected and maintained.
- We must believe that all Nigerians are equal under the law and should be treated as such.
- We must apply ourselves to improving the lot of every individual Nigerian regardless of gender, religion, tribe or social status.
- We must strive to maintain a united republic despite our differences.
Only upon achieving these principles can we as a people fully live up to our potential as a land of greatness. For ours is a country renowned for its illustrious people, ample resources and sheer physical beauty.