Folks over in the US of A are celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow. Working for an American company, this year will be the first time I've actually been affected by Thanksgiving, or even realised it was happening. In the spirit of this celebration, I've decided to list all the things I'm thankful for. So, here we go.....
1. I'm thankful for my family. I have the most supportive wife in the world, and now, we have a beautiful daughter as well. There's no better feeling in the world than going home to a loving family at the end of a stressful long day at work. Darling, I love you with everything I have, and will continue to do so as long as I'm breathing. (However, I will still have to enforce the ban on you going to Ikea only once every year, it's out of love!). And to my little princess, you're not old enough to read this, but I want you to know that I'm going to do all that I can to be a good dad. I promise. And to my parents, my siblings, my in-laws, my cousins, and the rest of my extended family, YOU GUYS ROCK !!
2. I'm thankful for my new job. I had a little taste of unemployment this year. It was a horrible experience, but thankfully, it's all in the past now. I know this job has been frustrating, and I've wanted to rip my hair out several times (didn't blog about it, so as not to worry my family), but I'm glad I work here. The last few days have turned out to be very rewarding, and all of a sudden, there's so much potential for personal growth, and career development here, that I'm glad I decided to stay.
3. I'm thankful for my friends. Not just the people I've met physically, but increasingly, the people I've met online and all fellow bloggers. You all know who you are. Thank you for being there for me, and I hope I've been as good a friend to you, as you have all been to me.
4. I'm thankful for my blog. I've made a lot of friends here, 20six and on platform27. I've shared my life with people from all over the world. I've had an avenue to vent out my frustrations, sorrows and joys. If you can, check out my technology blog.
5. With regards to number 4, I'm thankful for spam filters. Thanks to Akismet and Spam Karma 2, today was the day the 2,000th spam comment was stopped from appearing on this blog. Current spam count is 2,050. Hey, and by the way, I'm also thankful for free software. Firefox, Openoffice, Wordpress, Spamhilator, I could go on and on and on. I don't know what I'll do without you guys. Thanks. You're all worth your weight in gold.
6. Most of all I thank God for everything. Without him, there'd be no point in it all. Thanks for having my back.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone !!!