Still, it's a wonderful thing, and it's been a tremendous journey, if I had to do it all over again, I'd still choose my wife. She's simply the best thing that has ever happened to me, no contest (although my daughter is a very close second!).
Anyway, I've been racking my brains on what to buy as a gift. Traditionally, the first anniversary is known as the paper anniversary, so I really wanted to find something that was paper themed or made out of paper. Something that would show how much she means to me. I had so many options:
- Concert Tickets - at one point I reserved front row seats for a Take6 concert in London
- Framed Share certificate for Mothercare or Tiffany's
- Newspaper from the day she was born or our wedding day
- Framed photo of both of us
- Artwork: Drawing of the church we got married, or historic map of Nigeria.
And so many more came to my mind.
Also, I could have gone with the contemporary route, then the gift would have been clock based:
- Week in Milan to see her sister
- Personalized Clock
I've been racking my brains for the last 3 weeks trying to decide what the best gift was. It didn't help when my wife hinted very strongly that she'd like a pair of shoes. Anyway, I've finally got 2 gifts, one is made out of paper, and the other is probably better described as a paper-BASED gift. I really hope she likes them, as she's really gone all out for my gifts !! I'm thinking of adding one more gift, but I'm not sure if I'll have time to ' prepare it'. We'll see.
On Sunday, I'll let ya'll know what the gifts are (don't worry, it's none of the ones listed above!).