Anyway, I've bought my domain name for email, and decided to get one for a blog as well. I've also sorted out hosting, and uploaded blogging software to the site. I'm fooling around with it now, there are so many tiny tweaks I'm making, and I'm trying to figure out how to use it, but it looks like my blog will be moving soon. I might try double blogging for a while, but I sincerely don't see myself doing that for long.
Before I leave, I'll show you guys a method for you guys to know whenever I post (by email). Promise.
Anyway, if anyone wants to have a peek at the new blog, and give me ideas, send me an email, and I'll send you the URL.
intermittent problems on 20six, I am seriously considering moving my blog.
I'm in the process of buying a domain name to use for email, but I've found somewhere that will host a blog for me, and give me Wordpress tools as well, and price wise, it's a bargain. 20six has frustrated me of late, and I'm thinking now is the time to move....the only thing is that I'll lose all my traffic from you guys, as I'm sure none of you will come to visit me anymore.
Or will you?
1. When I'm trying to make a decision, I like to think aloud. So as not to be called crazy, I find an ususpecting 'victim' and start talking and talking and talking, thinking aloud, until I've come to a decision, or the 'victim' has had enough. Usually, my wife ends up being the victim. She thinks it's stupid and crazy. But I've been doing it for years, and hey, it works !!
2. I'm 'sensitive' to caffeine.It's so bad, that I can't even drink Coca-cola !! When I get come into my system, then it messes me up, I'm sleepy all day, and awake all night. However, every now and again, when I haven't had enough sleep, I have to drink some coffee, for example, last week, I had to drink coffee every day to stay awake at work. And I paid for it this weekend, falling asleep all day Saturday and Sunday. Sadly, there's caffeine in loads of stuff, even chocolate, so I inadvertenly 'ingest' some every now and then, and find myself all sleepy/awake at the wrong times. Looking forward to when we have our baby, I'm going to have to take some coffee then !!
3. I read pretty fast. Ironically, as a child, my reading teacher in primary school said I was useless and I would never learn to read. We used to have individual reading sessions, but she was so fed up with me, I wasn't given a session for 2 whole terms !! That was the kick up the butt I needed. I got loads of books, and started reading at home, which was really odd for my age(6). Anyway, on my 7th birthday, she said "Let me pity you since it's your birthday". I took the book (Janet and John) and tore it apart. Read it all the way to the end. Went on to become the best in the class. Till today, I read so fast, the first time my wife saw me reading, she said my eyes were moving so fast from side to side, she thought they were going to fall out !!
4. I'm addicted to Eastenders. Something I don't like to admit in public. But when I went to Nigeria for a year (2003), I kept up to date by watching BBC Prime (3 days behind regular scheduling) and the Eastender's website. How sad is that?
5. My handwriting is NOT cursive. I can't join my letters together, many have tried, but all have failed to get me to change.
6. Another thing I can't get enough of, stand up comedy. I just love it. Laughter is the best medicine, eh?
So there you go !! Was actually interesting to write all that out. So I'm tagging:
and queen_bee !!!
The higher you build your barriers
You can deny me
No matter 'cause there's
Something inside so strong
're doing me wrong, so wrong
There's something inside so strong
The more you refuse to hear my voice
Deny my place in time
're doing me wrong, so wrong
's something inside so strong
Brothers and sisters
're just not good enough
'em in the eyes and say
're gonna do it anyway
're gonna do it anyway
COME ON YOU REDS, let's go and win the cup !!!!
1. All internet usage and email is monitored.
2. If you misuse the company IT, you can be dismissed.
So I decided to read the policy in full. One line caught my attention. The long and short of it, I'm not allowed to blog at work. As a result, I'm considering whether to pack it in, and stop blogging once and for all. I've blogged for 2 and a half years now, and expressing myself online has helped me deal with a lot of diffcult times, and made the good times even more special. It's a tough decision to make, and to be honest, it would break my heart if I had to stop blogging.
I'll try blogging from home in the evenings and weekends for a while, and see how it goes. But this means, it will be harder to follow other blogs, but I promise to try !! In a month, I'll look at how it's going and make a decision then.
First day went well. Spent most of it running around sorting out my ID, meeting with HR people, payroll, and other boring first day stuff. As my manager is on holiday till next Wednesday, I'm not really going to get anything serious done till then, so I'm doing a lot of reading on the company intranet, trying to find out what this place is about, and meeting loads of GREAT new people. So far, I'm glad I took this job, for the simple fact that it's a career, not just a job. It will be a while before I get any real work done though, I'm the first member of a new team, the second guy starts next Friday, and we're expecting 3 more sometime in the next few months, I would imagine that I won't start my technical training till the 2nd guy starts and is settled in. So for now, I'm happy to get paid for sitting in my little cubicle, and looking busy, I've been told to enjoy doing this, as when the work starts, I will long for days like these !!
Anyway, I can't use MSN messenger or Yahoo messenger in here (even the web versions are blocked), and Internet access is monitored, so blogging and checking email will be minimal, to say the least.
Anyway, enough about me, how are you all doing?
I'm really excited about starting my new job tomorrow. It's a GREAT job, in a GREAT company. I just hope I can live up to their immense expectations. It's a really happy/nervous time.
Wish me luck guys !!
Anyway, movie marathon is on hold. I've got my driving theory test on Friday, and I'm not doing as well as I'd like in the practice tests, especially the hazard perception test.
Does anyone who's taken this test recently have any tips?
Ok, I'm a Liverpool fan. But this guy has been so outstanding in the last few weeks, that it would be a travesty to to give him his due priase. I never saw him as a team captain. I thought he was too 'into himself' to be a leader. But he's risen to the challenge, led by example, and has shown why Barcelona wants to prise him away from Arsenal.
The kind of goals he has scored over the last year, are simply outstanding. He makes goals out of nothing, and his skills are just unbelievable. And in Saturday's 5-0 drubbing of Aston Villa, he gave 110%, scored two goals, and didn't even play the full 90 minutes. And against Juventus on Tuesday, he was also just too much for them.
What makes this even more astounding, is that a few years ago, he was a reject at Juventus,a winger, and when he got to Arsenal and started playing in the centre of the attack, he was completely useless. How time flies. And on Tuesday, he showed Juventus what they 'threw away'.
I guess my only consolation is that he hasn't signed a new contract as Arsenal, and may be leaving to go to Barcelona.
The Pink Panther
Is not the best Pink Panther movie. I've seen quite a lot of the Pink Panther movies, and I have say that of all of them, this is the worst. Steve Martin is not very convincing as Inspector Clouseau, and I think Beyonce was like an afterthought, as if she joined the movie long after the script was written, and they decided to write in a role for her. Anyway, it's a good laugh for kids, but not a classic.
Spike Lee. Genius !! This movie reminds me of the Usual Suspects. You know, at the end of the movie, you suddenly realise what has just happened. You're in shock. Then it all starts to make sense. You suddenly realise what has happening all along. All the way to the train station, you're talking about how the entire movie, and suddenly piecing together the jigsaw. And like The Usual Suspects, all you want to do is see the movie again, watching it more carefully this time, and this time, you know the whole story. Simply brilliant.
Also, at the end of the movie, you suddenly realise why it's called Inside Man. Pure genius.